Below is an overview of recent updates to the Government guidance regarding funeral service and the procedures that we have put in place to protect you, your family and our staff. If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If Someone has died:
- Call us as soon as possible. We are available 24 hours, seven days a week and when ready, we will convey your loved one into our care with utmost dignity and respect.
Arranging the funeral:
- Please call any of our branches to make funeral arrangements
Visiting our Funeral Homes:
- Please call us first. We will make an appointment for you to visit and ask that a maximum of 2 people attend at any one time to ensure that safe social distancing can be practised.
- You are required to wear a face mask at all times and use hand sanitiser when entering and exiting the building.
- We will also keep a record of all visitors for track and trace purposes
- If you feel unwell, are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, or are self- isolating, please do not visit our offices.
- Spending time with your loved one in our Chapel of Rest may still be possible. Please call us to discuss this.
- Funeral Guidelines:
- The Maximum number of attendees to the funeral service is 30, whether indoors or outdoors, and face masks must be worn. Some venues have imposed smaller restrictions: your funeral arranger will advise appropriately.
- You will be sent a Track and Trace form with name and contact details for attendees. We keep this for 21 days and destroy after this time.
- You should not attend if you feel unwell, or are displaying symptoms of Covid-19.
- If you are self-isolating and displaying no symptoms of Covid-19 – ask us for guidance.
- Funeral Services should be regarded as private, to control the number of attendees.
- Whether fixed or movable seating is available, social distancing applies.
- Hymn singing is not permitted but recordings can be played. Hymn books have been removed from venues but printed orders of service sheets are permitted
- The service can be live-streamed from most Crematoria for those unable to attend.
- Family members may act as pallbearers at certain venues but must use the wheel bier; face masks must be worn and we will provide protective gloves.
- The handling of cash is not recommended; most venues will not allow a donation box.
Our limousines have screens fitted to separate mourners form their chauffeur and hand sanitiser is available. A maximum of 6 mourners per limousine.
Thank you… “Thank you for all the help and support you gacve us during our sad time. On the loss of the late Irene Roberts and a big thank you for helping us give Irene a lovely send off.”
Thanks a million… “A note to say thank you for making a very difficult time a little easier, your kindness meant so much to us all.”
Thank you… “We would like to thank all of the staff at webbs for their loving care and their support of our family and friends in our sad times.”